The following is a step-by-step overview of the application process for Certificates programs.
Luther Seminary offers the following Certificates:
For additional information on prerequisites, see the academic catalog
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0+ on a 4.0 scale (However, the admissions committee does consider factors other than academic record.)
- Certificate in Parish Nursing: Applicants must have completed the Parish Nurse Preparation course before they are admitted to the certificate program. Certificate in Parish Nursing applicants may substitute a current RN license for a bachelor's degree.
God calls many different types of people to lead the church. The following demonstrate readiness for theological study:
- Commitment to Christ, the church, and the ministry of God's word
- Academic ability to read and hear with discernment
- Ability to write with clarity and precision
- Personal and relational health, integrity, consideration of others, and physical and emotional fitness
- Potential to lead, inspire and relate positively with people
1. Transcripts – official transcripts from your colleges or universities.
2. Recommendations – three total from a pastor, teacher and other non-family person. Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive an ID Number and login for My LutherNet as a prospective student. This will allow you to login to request electronic recommendations for submission.
3.Submit a typewritten or word processed essay of up to two pages:
- Indicating why you want to pursue graduate-level certificate work.
- Identifying your immediate aspirations and your long-term professional goals.
- State how graduate work will help you accomplish the above outlined goals.
Two Ways to Apply
Apply Online Now!
Electronically fill out your application.
Download Forms and Mail
Download application and reference forms in PDF format to print and send in.
When your application is received, you will be sent an e-mail notice which includes login instructions for MyLutherNet as a prospective student. The MyLutherNet site will allow you to track which documents are still required for admission.
Once all of your application materials are received, it will be reviewed at the next admissions committee meeting. The committee meets regularly and you will be notified by mail within a short time after the group meets.
Complete application information can be found in the academic catalog. If you have any questions, please e-mail us!