1. Transcripts – official transcripts from all colleges and universities where you have received academic credit. Please have all transcripts sent directly to Luther Seminary, Office of Admissions, 2481 Como Ave, St Paul, MN 55108. (Electronic transcripts are acceptable and should be sent to email@example.com)
2. Recommendations – three total from a pastor, teacher and other non-family person. Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive an ID Number and login for My LutherNet as a prospective student. This will allow you to login to request electronic recommendations for submission.
3. Autobiography / Faith Statement – A three- to five-page essay (double-spaced) on the significant events and people in your life that have nourished your faith in Christ, given you a sense of God's call, and brought you to apply for seminary admission. This should include:
- a description of your present relationship to the church
- a brief self-assessment of strengths and limitations as a candidate for church leadership
- reasons for interest in study at Luther Seminary
- a summary of future plans for ministry
- a one page-statement outlining your personal faith and theological convictions
Please send this essay as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for ministry in the ELCA or other denominations are encouraged to submit their candidacy essay in lieu of the above.
Special Note: The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) IS NOT required for admission to the Master of Divinity degree program.
When your application is processed, you will be sent an e-mail which includes login instructions for accessing MyLutherNet as an applicant. The MyLutherNet site will allow you to track which materials are still required for admission.
Once all of your application materials are received, it will be reviewed at the next admissions committee meeting. The committee meets regularly and you will be notified by mail within a short time after the committee meets.