The following is a step-by-step overview of the application process for non-degree programs. Students are classified as "non-degree students" at Luther Seminary when they are taking courses for credit but are not admitted into a degree program.
- Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Degree program candidates and graduate certificate candidates have priority in registration for classes.
- Non-degree students may apply a maximum of six core courses toward the master of arts or master of divinity degree program. Non-degree status does not guarantee admission into a degree program.
God calls many different types of people to lead the church. The following demonstrate readiness for theological study:
- Commitment to Christ, the church, and the ministry of God's word
- Academic ability to read and hear with discernment
- Ability to write with clarity and precision
- Personal and relational health, integrity, consideration of others, and physical and emotional fitness
- Potential to lead, inspire and relate positively with people
1. Undergraduate Transcripts – official transcripts from your colleges or universities.
2. Meet all prerequisites for courses you wish to enter. If you have questions about fulfilling the prerequisite requirements consult with the Registrar and the instructors of the courses.
Two Ways to Apply
Apply Online Now!
Electronically fill out your application.
Download Forms and Mail
Download application and reference forms in PDF format to print and send in.
When your application is received, you will be sent an e-mail notice which includes login instructions for MyLutherNet as a prospective student. The MyLutherNet site will allow you to track which documents are still required for admission.
Once all of your application materials are received, it will be reviewed at the next admissions committee meeting. The committee meets regularly and you will be notified by mail within a short time after the group meets. Non-degree student status is granted for one academic year. Requests for renewal are reviewed by the admissions committee.
Complete application information can be found in the academic catalog. If you have any questions, please e-mail us!