Worship is one of the most important and significant aspects of community life at Luther Seminary. Throughout the academic year, students, faculty, staff and visitors assemble for Chapel every weekday at 11 a.m inside the Chapel of the Incarnation located in the Olson Campus Center. Weekday chapel is a joyful and intentional time for the community of Luther to gather, providing a rich opportunity for worshipers to express their faith through ecumenical prayer and praise, confession and absolution, reflection and thanksgiving.
The services utilize traditional and contemporary expressions of liturgy. Holy Communion is celebrated every Wednesday during the school year. Faculty, students from all degree programs, international students and guests from the wider church community all join together to preach and offer liturgical leadership.
other community participation
Luther community members also contribute to worship life through:
- The Master of Sacred Music program, in which students assist with music
- Schola Cantorum, the seminary choir
- Various instrumental and vocal groups
- Liturgical dance
additional worship opportunities
Occasional student recitals, morning and evening prayer services, healing services, "Hymnjams," and festival worship are conducted in one of several chapels on campus:
- The Meditation Chapel in the Olson Campus Center
- The Chapel of the Cross in Northwestern Hall
- The small chapel in Bockman Hall
- Historic Old Muskego Church on the campus
See our campus map for chapel locations!