2015 Celebration: The Courage to Preach
Oct. 5-7, 2015
St. Paul, Minn.
We all know that preaching is no easy task. It takes courage to step up to that pulpit week after week and say something that's worth hearing, let alone something on behalf of the biblical text and on behalf of God. But what does it mean to have the courage to preach? Is it just bravery or a mustering up of sheer will? And why do we need it? Why is this question worth asking of our preaching?
This year's Celebration of Biblical Preaching speakers will help us enter into the vulnerable space that is the place of courage for proclamation. We will be invited to imagine courage in different ways, not just for the sake of preaching itself, but for the sake of gaining a renewed sense of preaching from the heart.
- Otis Moss III, Pastor, Trinity United Church of Christ, Chicago
- Karoline Lewis, Alvin N. Rogness Associate Professor of Homiletics, Luther Seminary
- Luke Powery, Dean of Duke Chapel and Associate Professor of Homiletics, Duke Divinity School
- Michael Brown, Senior Minister, Marble Collegiate Church
- Barbara Lundblad, Joe R. Engle Professor Emerita of Preaching, Union Theological Seminary
Watch on-demand video of the 2014 presentations.