Over 300 participants joined Luther Seminary's Children, Youth and Family team for an energetic two days focusing on ministering with and for children.
Encountering God ...
- in the moment
- in spiritual imagination
- in children
- in storytelling, ritual and community service
- in everything you do
Proclaiming Christ ...
- in the world today
- with people of all ages
- in the word
- through the arts
- in prayer
Creating a Vision ...
- as summit participants by discussing the needs of children today and
- how Christian communities can respond.
For More Information
Contact us at: email@example.com
Resources from the 2006 Children's Summit
Children's Summit - 2008
April 4-5, 2008
Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minnesota
What does it mean to welcome children? How do we do it in Jesus' name? Children are hurting in our neighborhoods, in our towns, across the United States and around the world. Yet at the same time, they bring great energy and joy to our communities.
How can communities of faith be present to children and how can we learn from them? What might children's ministry look like if we recognize that children minister to and with us as much as we minister to them? Join us as we pray together, learn together, worship together and advocate for children together.
Join people like you with a passion for sharing the journey of faith with children.
- Joyce Mercer, "Welcoming Children"
- Dr. Mary Hess, "Show and Tell - Living with Faith in a Media World"
- Rev. Stephen Bouman, bishop of ELCA Metro New York Synod
- Rev. Kelly Chatman, senior pastor of Redeemer Lutheran Church, Minneapolis
- Dr. Lisa Kimball, research associate at The Search Institute and faculty in YouthStudies, University of Minnesota
- Rev. Umo Udo, director of spiritual care at Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
- A Need for Weekly Curriculum for Baby Sunday/Church School
- And Then What Happened - Continuing the Human and Biblical Narrative Through Storytelling
- Beyond Toys for Tots: The Relational Imperative
- Exemplar Youth Ministry: The growing edge of youth and family ministry from out on the edge into the middle
- Families Forming Christians
- Godly Play
- Hospitality Can Be a S-N-A-P
- Inclusive Worship and Children
- Leading Change in Congregational Ministry
- Life in the Fishbowl: Faith, Parenting, and Ministry
- Living & Learning the Word: Awakening Kids to Scripture, Engaging Children 0-12 years old
- Mapping the Way
- Media Literacy and Faith: Making Faithful Choices in your Media Diet
- Relationships and Ministry to Young People
- They're not MY Kids - Why should I care?
- Weekly Curriculum for Baby Sunday/Church School
- Welcoming Children and Families with Special Needs
- Welcoming Children as Disciples in the Faith Community
- Welcoming Families with Children with Special Needs
- Welcoming, Supporting, and Equipping Parents
Campus Maps and Directions
Local Hotels and Housing