Preparing for Cluster Meetings? Find the Fall Schedule Here!
Twice per year in the fall and spring, all Internship supervisors and pastoral interns around the country are hosted by the nearest ELCA seminary for something called the "cluster meeting." At the cluster meeting, supervisors and pastoral interns enjoy a chance to meet, talk, ask questions, provide feedback, and learn from other partners in the Internship experience. These are valuable sessions and they contribute greatly to the Internship in both semesters. (They are also a fun way to get to know Internship teams at the other seminaries!)
Here are the dates for the Fall cluster meetings, as we have received that information. Don't see your cluster here? Your nearest seminary will contact you soon!
Twin Cities/Minnesota/South and North Dakota
- October 9: West Metro at Nokomis Heights, Minneapolis, MN
- October 14: Southeastern Minnesota at Chatfield Lutheran, Chatfield, MN
- October 16: Northern Minnesota/North Dakota at TBD, Fargo, ND (guest facilitators Colin and Jeni Grangaard)
- October 21: Southwestern Minnesota/South Dakota at Shalom Hill Farm, Windom MN
- October 23: East Metro at Our Redeemer, St. Paul MN
- September 25 - 26: The Franciscan Center, Tampa FL
- September 30 - October 1: Menucha Retreat Center, Corbett OR
- October 2 - 3: Pilgrim Heights Retreat Center, Montour IA
- October 2 - 3: Camp Kinard, Leesville SC
- October 13 - 14: Carol Holling Retreat Center, Ashland NE
- October 13 - 14: Briarwood Retreat Center, Argyle TX
- October 16 - 27: The Weber Center, Adrian MI
- October 27 - 28: Bishop Lane Retreat Center, Rockford IL
- October 28 - 29: Rainbow Lodge, North Bend WA
By now, our 2014 - 2015 intern and supervisor teams are just beginning to take their first steps down the exciting path of internship together.
To our supervisors, we say: Whether you are a new supervisor or a more experienced one, internship is a major opportunity to share the work of lifting up a new generation of Christian public leaders. We are looking forward to supporting you in that work!
To our interns, we say: We are here for you! As we shared with you all at our Service of Sending at Chapel on Wednesday May 7:
Now you are prepared to go out into the church and the world in your new role. You will learn more than you can imagine, and will serve God even as you serve and care for all you encounter. We pray you go knowing Christ’s call and promise to be with you each step of the way.
"You came to Luther Seminary having been called by God and affirmed for study by the church. Here at Luther, you have been studying leadership and ministry, scripture and theology, history and practical theology. You have been gathered into community and worship life and have been blessed by God’s presence.
"Now you are prepared to go out into the church and the world in your new role. You will learn more than you can imagine, and will serve God even as you serve and care for all you encounter. We pray you go knowing Christ’s call and promise to be with you each step of the way."