|Address:||881 Third Avenue|
|Demonination:||United Methodist Church|
|Average Sunday Attendance:||160|
|Paid Staff:||- Senior Pastor|
- Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
- Children's Ministry Director
- Community Coordinator
- Music Director
- Administrative Assistant
|Access to Public Transit:||On Highway 7.|
|Congregation Description:||- The congregation is mostly white and of affluence, as is much of the city, though the immediate neighborhood is more diverse in terms of color and income levels. |
- Worship is traditional style at 10:30am on Sundays with an Adult Ed hour, "Flash Point," at 9:00am beforehand. Confirmation is active, as are several men's small groups and women's circles.
- We sponsor an orphanage in Bolivia and have sent people to help build it, work with the worldwide UMC in mission and outreach ("Imagine No Malaria" campaign), and are a "reconciling congregation" and have created a mission statement welcoming LGBT persons.
- There were some issues regarding to what extent could our congregation be involved in political issues during the 2012 voting season and while most people were comfortable with the level of involvement we chose, a small handful of members were frustrated or stopped attending.
|Congregation Keywords:||suburban, outer ring, social justice, social gospel, reconciling, progressive, outreach, united methodist, traditional worship, multiple music groups, small groups, rummage sale, families, older, good energy, declining but fighting it!|