The graphic designer is responsible for designing and creating a variety of marketing and communications projects for Luther Seminary from conceptulization to completion. The designs reflect the integrity of the brand and support the seminary in achieving its goals.
- Develop concepts and creatively design collateral materials for print and digital use, including brochures, ads, postcards, flyers, invitations, programs, websites and more
- Maintain and promote a consistent look, tone and feel that supports the brand, conveys the appropriate messages and continues to be fresh and interesting
- Able to interpret strategic objectives into creative tactics that can be executed within budget
- Coordinate multiple design projects simultaneously, delivering within agreed upon deadlines
- Manage and maintain graphic files, including logos, photos, artwork and designs
Education and Experience
- Minimum three years of experience in graphic design
- Design experience with several mediums such as print, electronic and video
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communications or related field
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Creative Suite, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Strong design skills with attention to detail and visual excellence
- Creative aptitude that leads to new and interesting designs
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of higher education and Lutheran culture helpful.
Log on to your MyLutherNet, under Helpful Links select "Services," then "Employment-Student Jobs." The Student Employment Opportunities web page will open. On the upper right side of that page click on the blue button "Submit Application." Complete the application, check the "accept" box and then click on "submit;" your application will automatically be sent to Diane Hummon's email.