Scholarship Applications and Forms
Luther Seminary has instituted a number of changes in financial aid application process. For specifics please see the different categories listed in the left hand panel. Many of these forms are also available in the new Financial Aid Portal.
Scholarship Applications and Forms
Luther Seminary's FAFSA school code is G02357.
- Luther Seminary Mourer Loan Promissory Note and Self Certification - We are currently making changes to the application process for the Mourer Loan. We will be moving the entire application process online. These changes should be available in late April or early May. We will notify Mourer recipients of the process when it is ready.
- Mourer Loan Information (Required, if applying) - Please note that these funds are awarded on a first come first serve basis. It is unlikely that requests received after March 1 of each year will be met.
Verification Worksheet (only if requested). Below you will find different versions of the Verification Worksheet. If you are selected for verification by the federal processor (FAFSA), the Office of Financial Aid will identify which form you are to complete and submit to our office. You will need to complete the form in its entirety. The form will also indicate supporting documentation that you will need to provide at the time of submission. Incomplete forms or missing documentation will result in delays in your application.
- Consent to Obtain Credit Report (As needed) If you will be applying for a Federal Grad PLUS Loan a credit check is required. In order to start this process we must have a completed "Consent to Obtain Credit Report" must be on file. We do not see the specific results of the credit check. This is only used to determine credit worthiness for the Federal Grad PLUS Loan.
- Request For Adjustment To Student Cost Of Attendance - In certain situations we can add the cost of your health insurance, purchase of a new computer or dependent care costs to your cost of attendance. This will not increase your grant amount but could increase your student loan eligibility.
Current Scholarship Application/Nomination Forms
When completing the forms below please be sure that you save the document to your computer before you send the email.
- Richard Wallace Nomination Form - This scholarship is awarded to a limited number of full time students of color or students from new immigrant communities of faith in the M.DIV., M.A., or M.S.M. programs. The nomination form must also be accompanied by the Presidential Scholarship Application (see above). For more information see our scholarship page
- Siebert Lutheran Foundation Grant Application - Must be received by the Office of Financial Aid by July 1 of each year. In order to be considered you must have a complete financial aid file by the deadline. This would include the Luther Seminary Application for Financial Aid and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application will not be accepted without the accompanying letter of verification from the student's home church.
- Christiansen Scholarship - Any ELCA student attending Luther Seminary preparing for parish ministry, missionary work or music ministry is eligible to apply. This form can be filled in online before printing. The deadline is October 31 of each year.
- Our Savior's Lutheran Church Scholarship - Any ELCA student from Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Rochester, Minnesota, South Eastern Synod of Minnesota is preparation for parish ministry is eligible to apply. Deadline is August 1 of each year.
- First Lutheran Church, Brookings, SD Seminary Scholarship - Any ELCA student attending an ELCA Seminary in preparation for parish ministry, missionary service or ministry in music is eligible to apply for this Scholarship. The value of this scholarship will be determined in consultation with the FLC Foundation board, based on value of endowment. Students from all synods of the ELCA are eligible to apply, but preference will be based on the criteria listed at the end of this application. Deadline for application is July 31, of each year.
- Firnhaber Seminary Education Fund Scholarship - Any student who is enrolled to earn a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree from a seminary whose denomination shares pulpit and altar fellowship with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America is eligible to receive a scholarship from the Firnhaber Seminary Education Fund. Priority is given to TLLC members attending Lutheran seminaries. Any seminary whose denomination shares pulpit and altar fellowship with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America is eligible to receive a grant to support the mission of theological education. Potential uses include funding workshops or courses, participation in an international program, funding a visiting professor, independent study for a student or professor, or other program approved by the Endowment Committee. Only requests for efforts that further the education of seminarians are eligible. Deadline is August 26, 2013.
Unless otherwise noted: All forms should be sent to the Office of Financial Aid when completed. Please be sure to sign all forms. Incomplete forms will be returned causing a delay.