Computers and Technology
The Library has 14 computers available, providing access to the Internet and to BibleWorks, EndNote and the Microsoft Office suite of software. In addition, three computers are reserved for those working with particular programs or hardware. Please ask the library staff for assistance.
Adaptive Technology for users with disabilities (1)
Scanner attached, loaded with Kurzweil software
Luther's Works & The Book of Concord
(Libronix CD-ROM) (2)
Biblical Hebrew Tutorial (1)
Each Luther Seminary student and employee has network space available for your documents. Your H:// drive space is backed up every day. Contact Computer Services if you need to access documents from a previous backup.
Be sure to Eject your flash drive (Right click, then choose Eject) before removing it from a computer. Failure to do so may result in data corruption or loss.
Computer Lab: Basement of Gullixson Hall
A computer lab is located on the lower level of Gullixson Hall. Members of the Luther Seminary community have access to a high quality scanner and a printer. Eleven (11) computers are loaded with a variety of graphics and video software programs.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements -- Image Editing
- Adobe Premier Elements -- Video Capture/Editing
- Mix Pad Audio Mixer
- Wave Pad -- Sound Capture/Editing
- Roxio Creator Plus - CD/DVD Burning
- Rosetta Stone Language (computer 5, German module)
- Mavis Beacon (learn to type better)
- Aria Engine
- Finale 2011
- Garritan Aria Player
- Adobe Contribute -- WSYWIG Web Editing Software
- Adobe Dreamweaver -- Web Design
- Adobe Fireworks - .Bitmap and Vector Graphics editor
- Adobe Flash 8 -- Web Animation/Interactivity Creator
- Corel Draw Graphics Studio 12 -- Graphics Design and Editing
- Techsmith Snag It 8 -- Captures Screen Content
Printing in the Library
Lib4015 on Timothy
Our workhorse is a Hewlett Packard 4015, duplex printing (both sides) ONLY. If your documents are not printing, check to see that the default is set to Lib4015 on Timothy.
Weekly security updates will routinely change the default printer that your profile uses. Neither the Microsoft, nor the Send to OneNote 2007 option will print on our network.
You can create a PDF of any document by choosing z-create-PDF-on-Timothy as your printer. Once the document has printed, open Windows Explorer, locate the M drive and look for the PDF pickup folder with your name on it. Copy the file to your documents on the H drive. Materials on the M drive are available for a short time and then deleted.
A scanner is available at the Adaptive Technology workstation for small jobs.