Off-Campus Access to Electronic Resources
For most Luther Seminary e-resources, off-campus access requires you to login using your LutherNet account information.
For example: username = mluther001
After logging in, click on the Access button. This will take you to the e-resource. An example link to the ATLA Religion Database is shown below.
A full list is available on our Resources page. Among the most frequently used:
- ATLA Religion Database
- Academic Search Premier
- The complete content of the venerable 32 volume print encyclopedia reformatted for the web, with added links and continuously updated information. This is an Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) resource. (WWW) Gale Virtual Reference Library A collection of reference encyclopedias and dictionaries in database format. Search them all together or individually. Among the 21 titles available are:
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics
- Encyclopedia of Children, Adolescents, and the Media
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
- Encyclopedia of Leadership
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Encyclopedia of Religion
- Encyclopedia of Science and Religion
- Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
- New Dictionary of the History of Ideas (WWW)
- Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church
- The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church is the most comprehensive single volume dictionary of Christian history. This digital version is the complete, fully searchable text of the 3rd edition, revised (2005). (WWW) Oxford Encyclopedia of the Reformation
Electronic Resources via HomeLab
A few of our e-resources require the use of Homelab (see below). If you haven't used this Remote Desktop Connection before, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-641-3462 and ask them to set up an account for you. With a HomeLab account the desktop of an off-campus computer will have the look of a campus networked computer.
- Australasian Religion Index
- Biblical Archaeology Society Online Archive
- Iter Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Journal List A-Z (online periodicals)
- Religious and Theological Abstracts
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG)
Software via HomeLab
You can use this software from an off-campus computer with Homelab.
- EndNote, bibliographic management software