Online Student Services and Support
Technical assistance is available to online students. Self-service help can be accessed here.
Our helpdesk is available M-F, 8am-5pm at 651-641-3462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can contact Library support via phone and email at 651-641-3447 (Circulation) or 651-641-3226 (Reference). You may also chat with a librarian from the Library landing page.
Find registration information. (Student login required).
The Student Resource Center provides a variety of services, including career development, academic advising, writing center, and more.
Students with disabilities
It is Luther Seminary’s policy to ensure that no qualified student with a disability is denied the benefits of, excluded from participation in or subjected to discrimination in any seminary program, service or activity. The seminary provides reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities. If students wish to request accommodations, please contact the associate dean of student resources and candidacy for documentation and information about available reasonable accommodations at 651-641-3435 or email@example.com
Online course technical requirements
Prepare your computer for taking classes at Luther Seminary:
- First conduct a browser check at http://detectmybrowser.com/
- Make note of your browser version, and scroll down for the Plug in Check. You will need Java, Flash Player, and Quicktime.
- If there is a red circle next to a required plug in, click the name of the plug in (Java, Flash, etc.) to be directed to the plug in website where you can download and install the plug in.
Recommended computer software
Recommended operating system
- Windows 7 or 8.1 (8.0 not recommended) App mode in 8.1 not recommended. Windows 10
- Mac OX 10.7 or higher
- Internet access from home
- High speed recommended (cable or DSL).
- Minimum 3mb download speed strongly recommended for online programs
- Check your online speed at: speedtest.net
- Network access on campus
- Your computer must be configured for DHCP (this is the default for most computers)
- In order to use the network you must register your computer and accept the terms of service.
- Bandwidth usage is monitored and controlled by our FairShare system.