Applying is easy and you can get started online.
Find classes and events that enrich your faith and strengthen your congregation.
Your support ensures that future church leaders can pursue their call to ministry today.
Click to filter results by type or use the search bar below to find stewardship ideas for your congregation.
Displaying only: Sermon - display all types
This sermon lifts up the value of tithing. It includes a testimony from a lay person in the congregation.
Text: Psalm 27:11 - "Teach me thy way, O Lord. Lead me on a straight path."
Today we are going to be assessing, together and as individuals, what's important in our lives, and considering, as disciples, how all the demands on our time and money fit together.
Psalm 65; I Samuel 1:4-20, 2:1-10
"God's River of Life reminds us once again to whom we belong, from whom all good gifts flow, and the purpose of our days: God's light and love flowing through us to our families, neighborhoods, congregation, nation and world."
Pastor Markquart makes six statements based on the Bible's teachings about money and his own experience of wisdom learned from the congregation he serves.
1. Christ was never cheap.
2. The Bible asks for at least a tithe to be given in offering to God.
3. A tithe is never the goal of Christian giving; the tithe is the starting point.
4. Rarely, if ever, have I heard a tither complain about the lack of money to spend.
5. In comparison, lower-income Christians do not seem to resist tithing as much as higher-income Christians.
6. What would happen if most of our households tithed?
Receive free stewardship resources and ideas weekly.