Applying is easy and you can get started online.
Find classes and events that enrich your faith and strengthen your congregation.
Your support ensures that future church leaders can pursue their call to ministry today.
Recommended by Dr. Steve Ramp.
Part 1: Giving Principles. Callahan sets out 7 guiding principles.
Part 2: Six sources or doors of giving.
Part 3: Motivations for Giving.
Part 4: Understanding Stewardship for Giving.
This is an excellent study guide for clergy and lay leaders. It could also work well for an adult class (4-10 weeks). Callahan provides action worksheets following each major section of the book so people can assess where they are and make commitments to grow as stewards.
In Part 1: Giving Principles. Callahan sets out 7 guiding principles:
1. Money follows mission, always. Don't talk about money. Talk about God's mission.
2. People give to a winning cause, not to a sinking ship. We are Easter people.
3. People have a spirit of generosity.
4. People live forward to expectancies and down to expectations.
5. Who asks for the gift is a decisive factor. People are grouped by relationships, vocations, socio-economic class, geography and kinship. Relationships are the strongest marker of success.
6. People give to people, not to budgets. Givers look at three people: those being helped, those who are helping, and the people who are leaders.
7. Relax, have fun, enjoy life in Christ. Surround yourself with grace. Don't fret.
Find More Stewardship Resources
Receive free stewardship resources and ideas weekly.