Google Apps: Android Device Instructions
- You can use your Android Device to access Luther Seminary email, contacts, and calendar. The easiest way to get started is to go to http://m.luthersem.edu and use the links to access your information from the browser.
If you want to use your Android's mail app (instead of your browser), follow the directions below:
Android 4.0 and up:
You can add multiple accounts to the Gmail app, including Gmail and Google Apps for work or school accounts. You don’t need to sign out when you want to add or switch accounts.
Directions for your device may be a bit different, but here’s the general idea:
- Open the Settings app for your phone or tablet.
- Find the Accounts section.
- Touch Add account.
- Select Google as the type of account.
- Choose Existing to sign in to an account you already have.
- Type your full Luther seminary email address.
- Type your password and touch the right arrow to sign in. You'll likely be directed to the Luther Seminary sign in screen and will need to enter your user name/password information again.
- Finish going through the last couple screens and the Gmail app setup is complete.
Switch Between accounts
Open the Gmail app, touch the Gmail icon or swipe from the left edge of the screen, and select your account from the list.
If you have Android 2.3, please visit the Google Support Page:
For more general information on using an Android device with Gmail, please visit the Google Support Site at: