See the MDivX page for degree requirements and other program details.
1. Prerequisites and Application Deadline
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0+ on a 4.0 scale
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) IS NOT required for admission to Master of Divinity degree programs
- Positive entrance decision and approval for MDivX from you candidacy committee or judicatory body (see “additional materials” for more details)
Application deadline: December 1, 2020
Application Deadline Details for MDivX Cohort3 (program starts June 2021):
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
- Candidacy Entrance Confirmation (or equivalent judicatory process): January 1, 2021
The online application and all supporting documents must be submitted to complete your application.
2. Submit Online Application
Submit the online application to begin the process. You will be asked to provide detailed information and will respond to a series of questions related to the MDivX degree program. You can save your progress and return to submit your online application at any time. Please be prepared to provide the contact information for your recommendations (described in more detail below).
Once your initial application is received, you will be sent an email that walks you through the next steps in the application process and notifies you of your missing materials. You can check your online admissions portal at anytime to track your application progress.
3. Submit Supporting Documents
Please request official transcripts from every college or university from which you have received credit. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 2481 Como Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55108). Once received, your online application portal will be updated.
Please submit a resume with relevant vocational, ministry, leadership and service experience (no more than 2 pages) – you will submit this through your online application portal.
At the time of submitting your online application, you will be asked to provide contact information for three recommenders.
- Pastor/Ministry Mentor Recommendation
- Teacher/Academic Recommendation (Alternate: Work Supervisor if you graduated over five years ago)
- Additional Recommendation of your choosing
The online application portal will contact your recommenders at the provided email addresses with the appropriate recommendation forms.
MDivX applicants also required to submit the following additional supporting documents to complete your application:
- Authorization for release form – you will submit this through your online application portal.
- Email confirmation from your candidacy committee or judicatory body that you have been fully entranced into the candidacy/ordination process and that they fully support your participation in the MDivX degree program (please request email be sent to email@example.com with copy of your entrance decision paperwork). It is important to begin the process with your synod or judicatory body right away as it can take several weeks to complete all the steps required to schedule your entrance interview.
If your previous GPA falls below the 3.0 minimum you will also be asked to submit a Statement of Academic Readiness – you will submit this through your online application portal.
4. Once your application is complete
Once we have received your online application and all supporting documents and your application is complete, your file will be reviewed by the MDivX admissions subcommittee. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in interviews taking place in January 2021. After interviews are completed, the MDivX admissions subcommittee and full admissions committee will review your file again for a final decision.
Applicants not considered for the MDivX degree program will automatically be considered for the standard MDiv degree program.
You will be notified of the admissions committee’s final decision through your online application portal. If you are accepted (congratulations!), you will be asked to send an affirmation of intent to the Admissions Office through the online application portal.