Celebration of Biblical Preaching
2013 Celebration: Preaching AT The Crossroads
Luther Seminary, St. Paul, Minn.
Oct. 7-9, 2013
Our theme, Preaching at the Crossroads, leads us to consider how we might preach the gospel amid rapid and radical changes in our world. Indeed, some historians suggest that the western world has not experienced so much change in so short a time since the Age of Enlightenment. Amid the swirl of clashing cultures and changing mediums, we are still called to preach the gospel. But how? To what end? And in what ways?
Come join us as we explore what it is to live and preach at the crossroads between ancient tradition and modern (and postmodern!) technology, between the local congregation and the global village and between the life-giving and eternal word and the rapidly changed and changing world.
- Grace Imathiu, Minister, United Methodist Church
- Thomas Long, Bandy Professor of Preaching, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
- David Lose, The Marbury E. Anderson Chair in Biblical Preaching, Luther Seminary
- Brian McLaren, Author, Speaker and Activist
- Phyllis Tickle, Author, Lecturer and Authority on Religion in America