Internship: Placement Process and New Supervisor Workshop
To those sites and supervisors who interviewed this past month: Thank you all for completing your Preferences Forms punctually and with great detail! All of us here at Contextual Learning appreciate your attention and care as we begin our annual internship placement process.
Pastors, some of you have begun inquiring about preparations for a possible internship placement. We're happy to share these details with you.
We may be in touch with you with additional questions or suggestions as we work through our placement process. Please do keep an eye on your email in the coming weeks. Official placement decisions will be made by April 15. Sites and seminarians will be notified simultaneously.
New Supervisor Workshop
If you are a new supervisor who receives an internship placement by April 15, you are encouraged to join us for our New Supervisor Workshop. Because we know your schedules are tight, we would like to give you the information you need to arrange your calendar and/or book flights. However, as internship placements will not be published until April 15, we want to reiterate that receiving an internship placement is not necessarily a guarantee.
Dates and agenda
This year, our New Supervisor Workshop will be held Tuesday May 5 – Wednesday May 6, 2015. During the workshop, the Contextual Learning staff will cover expectations and responsibilities of serving as an internship supervisor, including a special panel and evening dinner presentation.
The workshop officially begins at 1 p.m. on Tuesday May 5 in the Olson Campus Center Auxiliary Dining Room here at Luther Seminary. We will conclude at lunchtime on Wednesday May 6. Following the workshop, participants are also invited to join us at Luther Seminary's daily chapel for a very special sending service for next year’s interns!
Fees and registration
The cost for the New Supervisor Workshop is $200.00.
- This fee will be used to cover participants' airfare, mileage, and/or meals during the workshop (as well as the cost of the workshop itself).
- You will be invited to submit your airfare (if flying), mileage (if driving), and/or meal receipts during travel to and from the workshop to Contextual Learning for reimbursement after the conclusion of the workshop.
- Please note: Local transit and lodging will not reimbursed.
To participate: Please mail a check, payable to Contextual Learning, by Friday April 24. Please also click here and complete a short registration form by Friday April 24.
Regarding transit, you can get to campus from the airport by taxi, public transportation, or by arranging a ride with Super Shuttle. There are also a wide variety of rental car agencies available. You may also find a campus map and parking by clicking here.
- Stub Hall is a dormitory-style building with guest rooms available on campus for persons attending events at Luther Seminary. Rates are $30.00/night for a private room without a bath or $40 per night for a private room with a full or partial bath (singles only), of which there is a limited number. Double, triple and quad rooms are $20.00/night. To apply for a room, please click the following link to book no later than Friday April 24: http://www.luthersem.edu/campus/on_campus_housing.aspx.
- We would also recommend Roseville Holiday Inn Express. This Holiday Inn has a Luther Seminary rate of $89.00/night, which includes breakfast. When placing your order, simply say that you are attending an event at Luther Seminary. You may find more information and directions here: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/roseville/mspro/hoteldetail.
- We have also been informed that the brand-new Courtyard Marriott in downtown Minneapolis also opened up a Luther Seminary rate of $99.00/night. This includes breakfast and is located in a more luxury area. When placing your order, simply say that you are attending an event at Luther Seminary. You may find more information and directions here: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mspdc-courtyard-minneapolis-downtown/
If you have any questions, feel free to be in touch: 651-641-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.