MDivX Internship Site Application
Due by Monday, February 17, 2020
Note: If congregational approval will come after the application deadline, please submit your internship site application by the above deadline and notify our office once you confirm congregational approval. We are happy to receive applications prior to the deadline – the earlier the better!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is an ongoing initiative at Luther Seminary. We have a growing population of diverse students and seek to build a culture where all students can thrive.
In the site narrative portion of the application, please include examples of how your congregation is seeking opportunities for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
After you’ve completed and submitted your site application, the Contextual Learning office will contact you with next steps.
- Must be completed in a SINGLE session. If you do not complete it in one session, you will need to begin a new blank application.
- To help you prepare, we have attached the application questions to review before starting the application.
- It will take approximately 60 minutes or more to complete, possibly less if you prepare in advance.
We suggest the following schedule to apply:
- Review the following documents
MDivX Internship Expectations
MDivX Financial Guidelines
- Review the MDivX Internship Site Application and prepare your answers in advance.
MDivX Site Application (PDF)
MDivX Site Application (Word)
- Key sections to note are:
Section 3 - Site and Supervisor narratives
Section 4 - Learning Opportunities, Internship Project, and Intern Qualifications
Section 5 - The Congregation or Organization
Section 6 - Financial Obligations, Sexual Harassment Policy, and Sexual & Ethical/Healthy Boundaries Training
- Once you have reviewed the MDivX Internship Site application document and prepared your answers, follow this link to begin the application.
Once you have started the application, you may go back to a previous section during a single session but you are NOT able to submit an incomplete form.
- After each section, click "Next" to continue to the next section. You will be able to see your progress at the bottom of each page.
- Once you get to Section 9, you will click the blue "Submit" button.
The next page will look like this:
- SAVE THIS PAGE TO REVIEW OR MAKE CHANGES LATER.
You will need this unique link to review or update you application after it has been submitted.
You can do so by:
a) bookmarking this page OR
b) copying and pasting the webpage link somewhere you will be able to locate at a later time
The Contextual Learning Office will review completed applications and contact you regarding next steps.
Interviews with potential MDivX internship sites will begin in March 2020 and will be completed by mid-April 2020.
If a site is chosen to host an MDivX student, the Supervisor MUST attend the MDivX Supervisor training on the Luther Seminary campus prior to the beginning of the internship. For the 2020-2022 cohort this training will be May 4-6, 2020.