Not all learning experiences involve the competencies imagined for Cross-Cultural Education. Here are some examples of experiences that would be unsuitable:
- Any experience that was culturally familiar to the student.
- Any experience where the focus was not on learning knowledge and skills for future leadership of faith communities.
- Any experience where there was no engagement with local people or ministry leaders in an unfamiliar context.
- Any experience where there was no leadership by those working in an unfamiliar context.
- Any experience where there were no commitment to regular theological or cultural reflection before, during, or after the experience.
- Any experience where the student led or managed "mission trips."
- Any length of stay on a cultural site that was less than 14 days.
- Seminary Internship Experiences or other curricular and/or non-credit bearing requirements (such as CPE or Diaconal Project).
This form will be sent to the Contextual Learning office. Students will receive a confirmation message to the email listed in the form below. (All fields are required.)