To assist the Admissions Staff in recruitment, research, events and relationship-building related to the identification of prospective leaders for Christian communities. This position will be both task and project based.
- Research new opportunities for recruitment (colleges, events, groups, etc.).
- Understand and speak to all programs at Luther Seminary including but not limited to MDivX and Graduate programs.
- Provide administrative support to help Admissions team members schedule recruitment travel and events.
- Communicate with prospective students (phone, email, hand-written notes).
- Represent Luther at events that may require travel.
- Serve as an ambassador with key constituencies, alumni, donors and other key influencers.
- Provide leadership for Admissions “call-out nights.”
- Participate and assist in leadership of Admissions events.
- Other projects as related to supporting recruitment and vocational discernment at Luther.
Desired Education and Experience
- Current student at Luther Seminary
- Previous work experience in admissions
- Involvement on staff or as a volunteer in church or campus ministry
- Understanding of and connection to ELCA colleges and camps as well as connections in ecumenical networks.
- Experience as manager/supervisor preferred
- Previous experience or openness to working in inter-cultural settings
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Social media fluency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of Google or similar e-mail systems
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be a resourceful, self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Naturally relational with a knack for networking
Log on to your MyLutherNet, under Helpful Links at the bottom right, select "Services," then "Employment-Student Jobs." The Student Work web page will open. On the upper right side of that page click on the "Apply for student work" button. Complete the application, check the "accept" box and then click on "submit;" your application will automatically be sent to the hiring supervisor, Tim Schroeder <email@example.com>. If you have any questions about the position, please direct them to Tim.