The purpose of this position is to assist the Access Services Librarian with training and scheduling student library assistants for work in the Circulation Department. To that end, the person in this position will participate in keeping the library's policies and procedures handbook up to date.
1. Train new student workers on library policies and procedures for service to the many types of users who come to the library's Circulation Desk.
2. Prepare monthly Circulation Desk Schedule.
3. Revise and update the Circulation Department's Policies and Procedures handbook as needed.
4. Coordinate student worker projects as needed.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Student at Luther Seminary
- 1 year of library work experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service ethic.
- Must have the ability to do highly detailed work well.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Log on to your MyLutherNet, under Helpful Links select "Services," then "Employment-Student Jobs." The Student Employment Opportunities web page will open. On the upper right side of that page click on the blue button "Submit Application." Complete the application, check the "accept" box and then click on "submit;" your application will automatically be sent to Karen Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please connect with Karen if you have any questions about the status of your application or with any other questions about this position.