The purpose of this position is: to assist the seminary in analyzing existing web content, conducting research to determine and create new content, and managing targeted areas of luthersem.edu based on user feedback.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Research: Conduct content audits, review site analytics and SiteImprove reports, and collaborate on content planning.
2. Create content: Based on content strategy, create new content for review by Communications & Marketing staff.
3. Post new content: Execute content plan developed by Marketing & Communications staff (in consultation with appropriate staff/faculty from other areas); includes creating new pages, editing existing pages, sizing and uploading images, uploading supporting media files (podcasts, videos, ppt).
4. Tracking: Maintain spreadsheets to track progress.
A. Desired Education and Experience:
- Student at Luther Seminary
- Editorial experience (with web publishing experience preferred)
B. Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic CMS familiarity (photo/video uploading experience)
- Experience working with Google docs, Google Analytics preferred
- Good judgment and ability to execute a shared plan
- Strong collaboration skills and user-focused approach
- Ability to manage flexible timeframe, with up to 10 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Log on to your MyLutherNet, under Helpful Links select "Services," then "Employment-Student Jobs." The Student Employment Opportunities web page will open. On the upper right side of that page click on the blue button "Submit Application." Complete the application, check the "accept" box and then click on "submit;" your application will automatically be sent to Ben McDonald Coltvet's email (firstname.lastname@example.org).