In cooperation with the Student Affairs team and the other Community Life Fellows, this person will develop, plan, coordinate, and implement events that support community life at Luther Seminary while also providing administrative support for the office.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and implement community events that support community life at Luther Seminary, especially those that foster community on campus for residential and DL students.
- Serve as administrative support in the Student Affairs and Financial Aid office for 6-8 hours/week. Duties include office hospitality, managing email communication, answering phones, filing, and special projects as assigned by the Student Affairs staff.
- Provide leadership and support for special campus events and projects on campus, including partnering with other offices and student groups.
- Participate in and support Admission events and other recruitment events throughout the year.
- Ensure confidentiality and adherence to FERPA guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a currently enrolled student in good standing at Luther Seminary.
- Developed sense of responsibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated event management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in customer service environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated intercultural competence.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and ask questions as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortable with Google Drive.
- Ability to participate in some events outside 'normal' business hours (i.e. evenings/weekends).
Sarah Luedtke-Jones, Interim Dean of Students
Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2018.
Log on to your MyLutherNet, under Helpful Links at the bottom right, select "Services," then "Employment-Student Jobs." The Student Work web page will open. On the upper right side of that page click on the "Apply for student work" button. Complete the application, check the "accept" box and then click on "submit;" your application will automatically be sent to the hiring supervisor, Sarah Luedtke-Jones (email@example.com).
Please contact Sarah with any questions about this position.