Forms and Links
Find information to finance your education
Looking for more information about understanding and managing your financial aid? This page offers a wide array of internal and external resources to get you started.
|Federal verification worksheets
These federal verification worksheets are only to be filled out upon request. If you are selected for verification by the federal processor (FAFSA), the Office of Financial Aid will identify which form you are to complete and submit to the office. You will need to complete the form in its entirety. The form will also indicate supporting documentation that you will need to provide at the time of submission. Incomplete forms or missing documentation will result in delays in your application.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if Verification Forms are requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mourer Loan information (for those considering applying): Please note that these funds are awarded on a first-come first-served basis. Requests received after March 1 of each year are not likely to be met.
Church Assistance Request (optional): Use this form to request a letter be sent from Luther Seminary's Office of Seminary Relations to a congregation asking for financial assistance.
Consent to Obtain Credit Report (as needed): If you will be applying for a Federal Grad PLUS Loan, a credit check is required. To initiate this process, the Office of Financial Aid must have a completed "Consent to Obtain Credit Report" form on file. The Office of Financial Aid does not see specific results of the credit check; the form is only used to determine credit worthiness for the Federal Grad PLUS Loan.
Authorization to Retain Federal Direct Loan Credit Balance (current loan recipients): This form can be presented to the Business Office if you wish to leave a portion of your federal direct loan on your account instead of receiving the residual in the form of a check.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form: Use this form to appeal the suspension of your financial aid.
- Cost Adjustment to Budget Request
- Siebert Lutheran Foundation Scholarship Application - For students who are ELCA, MDIV and members of a Wisconsin congregation at the time they begin seminary. Starting in 2018/2019 The Siebert Foundation will not be accepting new applications. This form is to be used only if you received a Siebert Grant in the 2017/2018 award year.
- Luther Seminary Mourer Loan Request for Partial Cancellation for Ministry Service - Use this form to request partial cancellation of your Luther Seminary Mourer Loan following each 12 months of ministry service.
- Student Information Release Authorization - Student authorization for the Office of Financial Aid to share financial aid and/or academic information with a source other than the student.
- ELCA Financial Wellness Day Handouts - Friday, October 6, 2017
www.studentaid.gov: Everything you could possibly want to know about financial aid can be found here. A one-stop shop site set up by the Federal government. Provides valuable information about financial aid, career development, education planning, contacting your federal loan servicer, contacting the Ombudsman Office and consumer protection.
www.ed.gov/finaid.html: the Department of Education's website devoted to federal financial aid, including federal loan programs.
www.fafsa.ed.gov: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is required if you wish to borrow loans while attending Luther Seminary.
www.pin.ed.gov: allows students to request and activate a PIN number to apply online for student financial aid (federal).
www.nslds.ed.gov: a Department of Education website that lists all federal loans, along with the servicer for each loan, that a student has received.
www.uaservice.com: (Luther Seminary-specific loan information) University Accounting Service is the servicing agent for Luther Seminary Perkins and Mourer Loans. You can access your account here, request forms and change your mailing address