Leadership Circle of Congregations
Through their support as members of the Leadership Circle of Congregations, these congregations have all shown exemplary stewardship. They have come together to help prepare church leaders to lead their congregations in good stewardship.
- Mount Olivet Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, Minn. has faithfully given to Luther Seminary for many years. They are a teaching congregation and have been a leader in the number of students they send to seminary. Pastor Paul Youngdahl was a catalyst for beginning PREVIEWS, a youth-focused event for selected high school students and their pastors that helps youth explore their gifts, callings and various ministry opportunities. Preparing and educating future leaders of the church remains an important part of Mount Olivet's missionally focused giving.
- Augustana Lutheran Church in West St. Paul, Minn. has given to the seminary in ways that impact the church on a student level, local level and national level. Their most recent gifts have been in the area of teaching and stewardship. Augustana Lutheran was the first donor to give a gift to the Fund for Financial Leaders, Luther Seminary's stewardship education program.
- Zion Lutheran Church in Kent, Wash., provides tuition support by participating in Luther Seminary's Adopt a Seminarian program. Adopt a Seminarian donors provide full or half tuition for a student. With this significant support, the congregation partners with the seminary in educating the next generation of leaders for the church.
- The Bethlehem Lutheran Church Foundation, Minneapolis, Minn., has also committed to providing tuition support to seminarians from their congregation. The congregation additionally supports their seminarians through regular conversations, prayers and opportunities to use their gifts in teaching, liturgical leadership and occasionally, preaching. The Rev. Christopher Nelson, Bethlehem's senior pastor, said that supporting seminarians gives the congregation "a sense of being part of the wider church" and that they are "contributing to the future of the church."
- Sheridan Lutheran Church in Lincoln, Neb. has been richly blessed by many monetary gifts over the past few years. They are now sharing these blessings by offering a matching fund to support Nebraska students in their seminary education. Sheridan hopes to partner with other Nebraska congregations in order to help ease the financial burden of seminary education, as well as help others find the joy in lifting up future church leaders.
Joining the Leadership Circle
Are you interested in learning more about the Leadership Circle of Congregations and how your congregation can join? Contact the Seminary Relations office at 888-358-8437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.