During this session Laurel Forsgren will explore the basics of Google Hangouts. Bring your device and learn how to:
- Schedule a Google Hangout on your calendar and send the link to others
- Begin an impromptu Google Hangout session and invite others
- Use other Google Hangout features (screen share, drawing)
- General Q & A for using/troubleshooting Hangouts
Please RSVP to Jennie
if you'd like pizza.
We have begun a 60-day trial to the digital Loeb Classical Library, "an interconnected, fully searchable, virtual library of Greek and Latin literature.
You'll find epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; ...Church Fathers....More than 520 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease."
Key features include:
- Single- and dual-language reading modes
- Sophisticated Bookmarking and Annotation features
- Tools for sharing Bookmarks and Annotations
- Greek keyboard
- User account and "My Loeb" content saved in perpetuity
- Intuitive Search and Browse
- Inclusion of every Loeb volume in print
- Regular uploading of new and revised volumes
When you have a question and would like to reach someone in the library sooner, rather than later, another option is initiating a chat with one of the library staff.
Look for the live "Ask Us" button also when browsing in one of our Research Guides
Bruce Eldevik shared his "Top 5 Websites" at this week's Tech Talk:
Watch the video: http://download.luthersem.edu/media/techtalk/Top5.mp4 The audio will kick in at 6 minutes (even though the caption states "audio starts at 16 minutes").
Future Tech Talks • Thursday, 11:30am, 232 Northwestern Hall
There is now a rich collection of curriculum items located in the faculty mailroom of Gullixson Hall. If you want to get a sense of what kind of instructional materials are available, there are items from several publishers located here. Materials include parish teaching guides, training manuals from Stephen Ministries and Whirl lectionary guides for Sunday school from Sparkhouse.
There are also issues of the journal “Lifelong Faith” and the “Augsburg Adult Bible Studies: Leader and Participant” booklets.
While items can’t be taken out of the building, we hope that you’ll be better informed before you purchase items to support curriculum in your parish.