Digital Loeb Classical Library
The library now offers the Loeb Classical Library in digital format, accessible on and off-campus. Over 520 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a fully searchable, virtual library that includes epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, oratory; Church Fathers and much more.
Jennie Bartholomew explores features in the Loeb Classical Library in this October 1 Tech Talk:
We have begun a 60-day trial to the digital Loeb Classical Library, "an interconnected, fully searchable, virtual library of Greek and Latin literature.
You'll find epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; ...Church Fathers....More than 520 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease."
Key features include:
- Single- and dual-language reading modes
- Sophisticated Bookmarking and Annotation features
- Tools for sharing Bookmarks and Annotations
- Greek keyboard
- User account and "My Loeb" content saved in perpetuity
- Intuitive Search and Browse
- Inclusion of every Loeb volume in print
- Regular uploading of new and revised volumes