Note: As of August, 2014, it is no longer required to upgrade your account to use Google Hangouts, but you will need to install the plug-in:
If you want to test a hangout page, visit this link:
Test Hangout Here
If you'd like to learn more about Google Hangouts, visit this page:
You may still opt to upgrade your account to Google+, which provides you with a Google+ page and other options, but it is no longer required for using hangouts.
To upgrade to Google+ (OPTIONAL)
Click to download .pdf of help file
1. Log into Luther Seminary e-mail.
2. Click the +You link in the upper right corner of the screen:
3. Fill in the profile information (gender & birthdate must be completed).
4. Click Upgrade
5. On the next screen, there is an option to add friends; add if you wish, but to expedite the process, click
6. On the next screen, you can choose to follow people/pages. To expedite the process, click Continue.
7. If you haven’t added friends, you may receive the following message. Click Continue anyway.
8. Fill in as much of the requested information as you desire and click Finish.
9. The following message appears. Click learn more if you would like to review Google+ features,
otherwise, click the X in the upper right hand corner to close the message.
10. When you return to the Luther Seminary email page, your display name should now appear with a “+”
sign next to it.
11. You may also receive an alert the next time you log into your email. Choose Accept to use the account.