Campus Phone System
Click to download a .pdf of the help file
EMERGENCY CALLS: Dial 911. Do not dial 9.
- On Campus: Dial 778 (Off-campus, dial 651-523-1778)
- After the “mailbox” prompt, enter the last 3 digits of your extension
- Enter your temporary password (101010) or your previously created password
Voice mail menu tree:
0 Mailbox options
- 1 Record your unavailable message (you are prompted to record, then press # after recording)
- 2 Record your busy message (you are prompted to record, then press # after recording)
- 3 Record your name (you are prompted to record, then press # after recording)
- 4 Record your temporary message (you are prompted to record, then press # after recording)
- 1 Accept your temporary message (you will know it worked because you will hear the message, “There is a temporary greeting which overrides your standard greeting”)
- 2 Erase your temporary message
- 5 Change your password
- * Return to the main menu
After recording a message (incoming message, busy/unavail greeting, or name)
1 - Accept
2 - Review
3 - Re-record
0 - Reach operator(1) (not available when recording greetings/name)
Dial 9 for an outside line; always dial the 10-digit number.
Long Distance: Do not dial a 1 in front of the area code for any number.
Checking Missed Calls:
Without picking up the handset, press the UP arrow on the large circular button in the center of the phone. When the screen shows MISSED, then push the CHECK MARK to the right of the circular button. Continuing to push UP arrow will show the caller names and dates.
3-Way Conference Calls:
To set up a conference call:
- Connect the first call either by accepting an incoming call, or by connecting an outgoing call
- Put the call on hold (press the L1 button)
- Dial the third member of the conference call
- When the third member has connected, press the Confirm button (check mark)
- Now all three members are connected
Changing the ringtone:
- Press the down arrow on the large circular button in the center of the phone.
- When “Preferences” appears on the screen, press the check-mark button (D above).
- Press the down arrow on the large circular button until “Ringer” appears.
- Press the check-mark button twice (D above).
- Using the down arrow, scroll through the ring tones. Click the check-mark button (D above) when the desired ring tone is played.
- Press the X button (A above) a few times to exit the preferences screen.
- Test the ringer/volume by pressing your volume button up or down (C above).
Immediate transfer or just hit the transfer button – must wait until connection is made (few seconds) AND extension prompt
778 or 651-523-1778
Attended transfer (puts caller on hold, you dial new party, tell them about caller, you hang up and the other two are connected) - must wait until connection is made (few seconds) and extension prompt. When you hang up the other two will be connected.
Do not disturb –straight to v/m (toggle on/off)
A: CANCEL Key- Cancel actions/inputs
B: Turns the casing speaker on/off
C: Adjust volume
D: ENTER Key-Confirm actions, selections, inputs
E: LED lit for missed call (if not using voice to email function)
F: Line 1 & 2. To put a caller on hold, whichever line (L1 or L2) is lit. To take caller off hold, push the button again
G: Redial number
H: Transfer a call
While on a call, press Transfer, then dial the extension. This will ring the other extension and disconnect you from the call after a few seconds.
I: Mute your call