Google Apps: Create Group in Gmail
To create a contact group:
- Click Mail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
- Select contacts that you want to add to a group, click the Groups button. , then Create new. (note: if individuals you would like to place in the group are not added as contacts already, you will need to add them first).
- Enter the name of the group.
- Click OK.
To add contacts to a contact group:
- Select the contacts in the Contacts list.
- Click the Groups button.
- Select the group you'd like to add the contact to, or select Create new to create a new group.
- If you have multiple addresses saved for a contact, you can choose which address should belong to the contact group by opening the contact and clicking the small arrow next to the group you'd like to modify.
To email the group:
- When composing the new message, click To
- Click the drop down arrow
- Check Select all, then the Select button. The names will be added to the "to" line of your message.