Housing and Meals
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of hotel accommodations within easy driving distance of Luther Seminary. Some of these facilities offer reduced college/university rates, so be sure to mention your participation in a Luther Seminary program.
On-Campus, Stub Hall
A limited number of guest rooms are available on campus in Stub Hall for persons participating in KAIROS seminars or in independent reading projects. Guests are encouraged to reserve rooms early. Request a Stub Hall Reservation request a room online, or contact by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have questions, contact the housing office at 651-641-3237.
Rates for a shared room is $40; $30 per night for a private room; $40 per night for a private room with a full or 1/2 bath (one person only). Please indicate preference when making a reservation; requests will be filled based upon availability. Room reservations and payments must be made separately from KAIROS registration.
Cancellations must be made by 3:00 p.m. 24 hours prior to the start of the reservation in order to receive a refund.
- Check in: Please check in between 5 - 8p.m. Stub Hall resident and security keys are available between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Check out is by 12 noon. Keys should be returned to the Stub Hall Head Resident office next to the Stub Hall Lounge on the main floor. A payment slip with your room charges will be included in your key packet. This slip must accompany your payment. Payment is due upon departure. You may pay by cash, check, MasterCard or Visa. Please visit the Business Office on the lower level of Northwestern Hall to make your payment.
- Linens are provided.
- Bathrooms: In Stub Hall, men's bathrooms and showers are located on the 1st and 2nd floors; women's bathrooms and showers are located on the 1st and 3rd floors.
- Lounge: The guest lounge is located on the 1st floor of Stub Hall. A television and magazines are available for your enjoyment.
- Telephones in the guest rooms can be used for on-campus or local calls, or for long-distance calls using a credit card or pre-paid calling card. Dial 9 for off-campus calls. Long distance calls may also be placed from pay phones in Northwestern Hall and Olson Campus Center.
Download a list of local restaurants.
Morning coffee and refreshments after chapel will be provided. Meals are not included in the cost of KAIROS programs, but are available on a pay-as-you-go basis in the Olson Campus Center Dining Services. Normal Monday-Friday mealtime hours are:
||7:00 - 8:30 a.m.
||11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
||5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
The cafeteria serves coffee, soft drinks, and a variety of snacks at times other than regularly scheduled meal times. Martin's Grill is open from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. for limited short-order meals.
You can also visit Luther Seminary's Coffeeshop where you can find premium beverages in a relaxed atmosphere. Located on the second floor of Olson Campus Center.
Vending machines are located on the ground floor of Northwestern Hall, the lower level of Gullixson Hall and Bockman Hall.
A variety of good restaurants are located near the seminary.