Advance the mission
It is unrestricted gifts—those with no strings attached—that keep the seminary running each year. By giving to the Sustaining Fund, you make a special commitment to Luther Seminary. You entrust the seminary’s leadership with the flexibility to use these gifts where they will have the greatest impact on the quality of theological education for current and future church leaders.
Last year the Sustaining Fund and other budget-relieving gifts supported more than half of Luther Seminary’s operating revenue!
Gifts to the Sustaining Fund are invested in:
- Scholarships that attract new students, reducing student debt and allowing graduates to serve where they are most needed.
- Faculty who are innovative and intentional about what they teach and how they teach it.
- Energizing preachers through free resources such as Working Preacher, the Narrative Lectionary and Enter the Bible.
- Distributed learning: Making it possible for leaders across the country to say “Yes” to God’s call to ministry.
- Youth and family ministry: Nurturing and strengthening the faith of young people and families.
- Other expenses that result from daily operations and facilities maintenance.
Ready to learn more about how a gift to the Sustaining Fund helps prepare future church leaders?