Looking for more information about understanding and managing your financial aid? This page offers a wide array of internal and external resources to get you started.
- www.studentaid.gov: Everything you could possibly want to know about financial aid can be found here. A one-stop shop site set up by the Federal government. Provides valuable information about financial aid, career development, education planning, contacting your federal loan servicer, contacting the Ombudsman Office and consumer protection.
- www.ed.gov/finaid.html: the Department of Education’s website devoted to federal financial aid, including federal loan programs.
- https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is required if you wish to borrow loans while attending Luther Seminary.
- www.pin.ed.gov: allows students to request and activate a PIN number to apply online for student financial aid (federal).
- www.nslds.ed.gov: a Department of Education website that lists all federal loans, along with the servicer for each loan, that a student has received.
- www.uaservice.com: (Luther Seminary-specific loan information) University Accounting Service is the servicing agent for Luther Seminary Perkins and Mourer Loans. You can access your account here, request forms and change your mailing address
Debt management and loan counseling
- LSS Financial Counseling – LSS has offices for in-person appointments in Minnesota and serves nationwide with phone financial counseling and online. Download informational brochure (or hi-resolution version). Highly recommended.
- www.AnnualCreditReport.com: A site to request a free annual report from each of the listed credit reporting agencies.
- www.nfcc.org: National Foundation of Credit Counseling – List of Consumer Credit Counseling Services offices, which provide counseling on credit, debt management, and budgeting at no cost or for a reasonable fee.
- www.direct.ed.gov: Loan information, including calculators for all repayment plan. Calculate your future loan payments.
- https://studentaid.gov/app/launchConsolidation.action: Beginning point of consolidating all federal loans.