ELCA Fund for Leaders
- Luther Seminary Application Deadline: EXTENDED to January 31, 2024
- ELCA Fund for Leaders Deadline: February 23, 2024
Fund for Leaders is a mission of the ELCA to raise up rostered leaders for the church by providing four types of scholarships, including full-tuition scholarships to the recipient’s choice of an ELCA seminary to which they have been admitted. Full-tuition scholarships are awarded to students for the duration of their required seminary coursework, provided they remain in good standing with their seminary and in their candidacy process. Luther Seminary awards an additional $750 stipend for every course covered by the Fund for Leaders scholarship.
Eligible applicants will be rostered-bound candidates (Word and Sacrament or Word and Service) who have been admitted to one or more ELCA seminaries, will be enrolled full-time or part-time starting Fall 2024, and have received a positive entrance decision or have at least begun the process of seeking candidacy for rostered ministry in the ELCA. Recipients of Fund for Leaders scholarships may apply their full-tuition scholarship to any ELCA seminary that has offered them admission.
How to apply:
- Apply to Luther Seminary by January 31, 2024
- Apply to Fund for Leaders by February 23, 2024
- Both application to Luther and Fund for Leaders requires you to have begun the candidacy process
Have any questions? See the 2024 Fund for Leaders Guidelines and please don’t hesitate to reach out directly to Fund for Leaders at FundforLeaders@elca.org or the Luther Seminary Admissions office at email@example.com.
Luther Seminary Service Scholarship
Incoming students will be recognized by awarding service scholarship to those who have completed a year if service in Young Adults Global Mission (YAGM), Lutheran Volunteer Corps (LVC), ELCA Global Teach Program (J-3), or Urban Servant Corps. The scholarship will be awarded in addition to other Luther Seminary awarded aid.
- Must have completed their service within five (5) years of entry date to Luther Seminary.
- Award is $5,000 per year. $2,500 in fall term and $2,500 in spring term.
- Will be awarded for 3 years to an M.Div. student
- Will be awarded for 2 years to an M.A. student.
To apply for the Service Scholarship, please request that your supervising volunteer/program coordinator email firstname.lastname@example.org with a confirmation of your dates of service.
Musician in Residence
Luther Seminary seeks to find one or two musicians to serve as the Musician(s) in Residence. Priority will be given to candidates with strong instrumental abilities (guitar, keyboard, organ, drum, other) and worship leadership experience. All musicians seeking to further their worship and music skills while gaining a theological education are encouraged to apply.
The recipient will play a role in worship planning and provide music for Luther Seminary worship on a regular basis (i.e. two times per month). Applicants will be required to audition.
- Must be a resident, full time student
- Scholarship will be granted for a maximum of 16 courses (M.A.) or 25 courses (M.Div.), not including internship year.
- Along with tuition, Musicians in Residence will also receive a $500 per course living stipend.
- Scholarship amount will increase in size accordingly with any tuition increases as student progresses in years. The stipend will remain at $500 per course for the duration of your degree.
To apply to the Musician in Residence Scholarship, please contact the Seminary Pastor’s Office at email@example.com to express your interest.
Beloved Community Scholarship
The Beloved Community Scholars Program is under the new leadership of the Office of Inclusion and Belonging. Please stay tuned for program details. Contact the Director of Inclusion and Belonging Samuel Zalanga at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Newly-admitted domestic Th.M. students are eligible to receive a scholarship of $5,000. This scholarship is for the first year only of study. The scholarship will be disbursed twice during the first year. $2,500 per Fall and Spring Semesters.