Luther Seminary Service Scholarship
Incoming students will be recognized by awarding service scholarship to those who have completed a year if service in Young Adults Global Mission (YAGM), Lutheran Volunteer Corps (LVC), J-3, or Urban Servant Corps. The scholarship will be awarded in addition to other Luther Seminary awarded aid.
- Must have completed their service within five (5) years of entry date to LS.
- Must be a resident student.
- Award is $5,000 per year. $2,500 in fall term and $2,500 in spring term.
- Will be awarded for 3 years to an M.Div. student
- Will be awarded for 2 years to an MA student.
Artist in Residence
A renewable scholarship will be offered to a student who is an artist of proven ability and breadth, and possesses an openness to working with several key constituencies at Luther Seminary. More than one scholarship may be offered at a time. Artists in Residence will work principally in one of the visual arts (painting, drawing, photography, etc.) but will not be limited to working only in these media.
- Recipients must be resident, full-time students.
- Scholarships will be granted for a maximum of 16 courses (M.A.) or 30 courses (M.Div.), not including internship year.
- Up to a full-tuition scholarship is available.
- The recipient will receive financial support for art supplies and materials, along with studio space.
If you have questions specific to the Artist-in-Residence Scholarship, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Musician in Residence
Deadline: April 1
Luther Seminary seeks to find one or two musicians to serve as the Musician(s) in Residence. Priority will be given to candidates with strong organ and keyboard abilities, and worship leadership experience. All musicians seeking to further their worship and music skills while gaining a theological education are encouraged to apply.
The recipient will play a role in worship planning and provide music for Luther Seminary worship on a regular basis. Applicants will be required to audition.
- Must be a resident, full time student
- Scholarship will be granted for a maximum of 16/18 courses (MA) or 30 courses (M.Div.), not including internship year.
- Annual stipend of $1000 for lessons and continuing education
Deadline: September 1
Starting in the fall of 2017 all new domestic Th.M. students are eligible to receive a scholarship of $5,000. This scholarship is for the first year only of study. The scholarship will be disbursed twice during the first year. $2,500 per Fall and Spring Semesters.