Distinguished Scholarship Application
Through the generosity of our donors, Luther Seminary is committed to providing scholarships to support our mission of educating leaders for Christian communities and to help students lower their student loan and cost of living debt. All applications are automatically awarded a standard scholarship ranging from 50-100 percent tuition coverage. These scholarships are awarded at the time of admission.
In addition to our standard tuition scholarships, Luther Seminary has three distinguished scholarships that include full tuition and a living stipend for some of our stand-out applicants. To be considered for these scholarships, you must:
- Meet the criteria for the scholarships as outlined below; and
- Complete the Luther Seminary Distinguished Scholarship application.
NOTE: Even if you meet the criteria for multiple distinguished scholarships, you only need to fill out this application once.
Distinguished Scholarship Criteria
- Presidential Scholarship. This is for residential and distance full-time students in the M.Div. and M.A. programs. Scholarships are awarded to students who embody the Luther Seminary vision statement to “lead faithful innovation for the gospel of Jesus Christ in a rapidly changing world.”
- Beloved Community Scholarship. Beloved Community Scholars are Christian Public Leaders who are committed to forming and leading communities with prophetic imagination around issues of social, climate, economic, and racial justice concerns for all people. Scholarship recipients will demonstrate an unflinching commitment to understanding theology, praxis, and the intersectionality of race and culture. This program uses a cohort model and is available for full-time residential students only.
- The Richard Wallace Scholarship. The Wallace Scholarship recognizes leaders who are students of color or students from new immigrant communities in the M.Div. and M.A. programs. Students must be full-time, residential or distance.